Apr. 1st, 2013


Apr. 1st, 2013 01:59 am
lloll4: ice lolly shaped like Mickey Mouse (sleepy ponyo)
What really tickled me the first time I read up on property law was that textbooks usually used, as an example of a name for a piece of real estate, "Blackacre" (and "Whiteacre" if required). Does that not sound more like what the Beast's castle (as in Beauty and the Beast) should be called?

So, revising property law. The interesting thing about this term is that I'm taking (as is my cohort) both property law and the law of equity and trusts, and boy are there loads of overlap. And by the way, I'm sick of writing "constructive trusts" and "resulting trusts" and have resorted to the profs' "CT" and "RT" though I think that may get a tad confusing in exam scripts. Or not? I was just reading this little article by my law property prof about how to teach equity (is expert in both) and one of the points brought up was how his students found it difficult to get into equity because there's no unifying theme, so as to speak, unlike say, contract law which is about (so says the textbook) the exchange of promises. Equity is this morass of principles which seem sort of sensible and then goes really outlandish on development. So yes, prof, I'm with your ex-students on being confused. I can see this is going to take a bit of time.


lloll4: ice lolly shaped like Mickey Mouse (Default)

August 2015

1617 1819202122

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2017 10:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios